Enermax Mighty Charger ECR501 Review
Enermax did it right. With Mighty Charger ECR501 Card Reader for 5.25″ bay they managed to put as much together as possible in just one drive bay. Let’s have a closer look why they actually call it “Mighty”.
Package is very simple, showing all important capabilities and simply says “this thing is useful”. We also found a mounting instructions and handful of screws inside.
The device is powered by one Molex connector. There are USB3.0, SATA and USB connectors included for multiple data transfer.
As there is still room behind the card reader panel why not just add two SSDs or 2,5″HDDs drives and one 3,5″HDD drive? No problem at all.
- USB Super Charge port for smartphones and tablets. Compliant with the USB Battery Charging (BC) Specification version 1.2
- 1x USB 3.0 port and card reader ports in USB 3.0 bandwidth.
- 6-in-1 card readers to access mainstream cards: CF I/II/MD, Micro SD, SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC/RSMMC, Extreme digital MS/MS PRO/ MS PRO DUO, M2 (MS MICRO)
- 5x USB 2.0 ports and each hub could charge up to 1.5 A to your smartphones and tablets.
- 1x eSATA port for best convenient.
- Superior expansion for two 2.5” HDD and one 3.5” HDD.
- LED display for power and access.
Enermax Mighty Charger ECR501 Specifications:
Update: September 3rd, 2015
Model number: ECR501
Series Number Range: 15050020001~15050020300 / 1410021001~1410021510
Fixes / Enhancement: Solve the OS compatibility with Windows 10.
Firmware updates link:
Note: Products with series numbers not listed do not require this firmware process
Enermax Mighty Charger ECR501 can be your lifesaver, when it comes to small spaces or HTPCs. If you just don’t have enough space and need as much ports as possible, than this card reader is one of the few on the market offering so many options at ones. It comes with price between €30 – €35 which is not so bad for what you get. As we are using it almost daily for more than 3 months already and we had no problems we can definitively recommend it for office use. Although, you may reconsider using of fast and hot 3,5″ HDD drives as there is no cooling option and in area around the 5,25″ bay is mostly no air circulation possible.
USB Super Charge port
Expansion for two 2.5” HDD and one 3.5” HDD
only one USB 3.0 port